Tuesday, April 10, 2012

sannnn diiiegoooo


long walks, long drives, lots of food, good talks, many thoughts..  

i was spending time w/ the Lord today...  and as I read the words of Jesus as He explained the cost of being a disciple..  and to be honest they seemed quite weighty...  i was like "i feel so far from this..."   pick up your cross.. deny yourself..  hate your very own life..."  wow wow wow...   

but then i remembered something tiffy said on easter.   she said something like this (not her exact words but the message she was getting across) "i am thankful that the power that brought me from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light...  this power of the gospel that saved my soul from hell, and made me at peace with God...  is the same power that is helping me be holy."  it's such a good reminder that we cannot finish in the flesh what He started in the Spirit...   Lord I need Your help..

i don't want to be intoxicated with the lust of this world.  the vain attempts of being comforted by entertainment, food, materials, the praise of man...    it's so easy to this.. SO easy..  but it really does take a conscious choice to go the other direction...   it's a serious thing...   there is coming a day when we won't get what we want...  we won't be able to buy or sell unless we worship the antichrist..   (pretty dramatic thought, but it's true)...  i don't want to default to filling myself with other things, when that space could have been filled with the knowledge of God...

i really do like california, but i'll tell you one thing -- the worship of self is haywire here..  more than i have seen probably anywhere I have been..

 the cool thing is... there is so much we can experience in God...  He is there to be discovered, it just takes our time to actually be intimate with Him...   Lord help me to be wise.

day to day.
the sun is nice in san diego. i like to be outside.
i realized i am a bit afraid to be in a city.. when i walk by myself i get a bit paranoid that i may get attacked in some way shape or form when i pass some creepy man on the street.   tiffy says it's real safe down here, so there is nothing to worry about.


friends.
i had some wonderful friends visit me yesterday.  i was extremely blessed.

they took a trip to Mexico, and drove up here to take me to lunch.  when i got in the car one of them told me they had been praying for me for an hour as they drove up to get me.  they had many many words of encouragement, and had a song from the Lord that they played for me.  it was crazy bec a little ways into our car ride to the restaurant, i just began to cry....   they then played this song for me:
it was by Jason Upton (who was one of my old time favs back in the day)...  it went like this.

Don’t be afraid baby don’t you cry
Daddy’s here it will be all right
You’re not alone you’re not alone
Don’t be afraid when you’re cold at night
I will keep you warm I will hold you tight
You’re not alone you’re not alone

Look beyond the window there

To the sky above to the open air
Look beyond what you can see
Close your eyes and just believe

The lion roars and the lamb lays down

They live together in a whole new town
They’re calling me and they’re calling you
From the cold hard facts that we’re on our own
To the age old truth that we’re not alone

Don’t be afraid when you scrape your knee

I’ve got a band aide waiting and a kiss for free
You’re not alone you’re not alone
Don’t be afraid of your blind belief
Because the more you fly the more you’ll see
You’re not alone you’re not alone

Look beyond the window there

To the sky above to the open air
Look beyond what you can see
Close your eyes and just believe

The lion roars and the lamb lays down

They live together in a whole new town
They’re calling me and they’re calling you
From the cold hard facts that we’re on our own
To the age old truth that we’re not alone

Don’t be afraid little warrior bride

Your victory’s on the other side
You’re not alone you’re not alone

it was a sweet comfort to see my friend angie baird.  she is such a comrade to me in this journey.  i have met many many people in my life, and i can say she is probably one of the most provoking people i have ever met.   the real deal; follows His Word, obeys His voice, desires to be holy as He is holy, and genuinely loves.  and in addition to that probably one of the most adventurous and crazy fun people to be around.  thank you ang for your faithful friendship.  
the Lord has used you to play a significant role in my life..


the valdez fam.
it's been a delight to be around two of my best friends - rick and tiff.  tiffany is so crazy funny..  her and i feed off each other SO MUCH..   many people (especially ones who have lived with me) have seen my side that is off the wall nutso crazzzzzy funny..   imagine that X's 2...   Tiff is exactly like me!  hahahahah  we are so hilarious together!

something that i have enjoyed is my convos with her...
one of the things love about tiff is that we could converse about anything, any where for hours..   i love to listen to her talk..  she is animated, passionate and so real and sincere.   she loves the Lord and we just understand each other in the spirit (kindred for sure)..     also we like to make up songs together (whether funny or real) and it's like two peas in a pod...


we had picnic in the park for easter.  that was fun. 


  i really enjoy ricky's little sister alissa valdez.  i've known her since she was 12.  this is a girl full of gold.   and i am excited to see her shine with all God has put in her! she's a friend of God.


amos justice.
i love this little guy amos.  he is seriously the most precious boy.  he could probably be used in therapy sessions...   his kind spirit just brings so much joy.




takin pics.
i love taking pictures.  tiffy is teaching me how to use a good camera (other than always using an iphone, though i LOVE taking pics on the iphone :)))






that is all for now..   good bye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment